Saturday, June 26, 2010

My first chicken!

I wrote in a previous blog post that I gave a recent high school graduate named Franklin the equivalent of $7 to settle his balance at his secondary school, and in so doing, receive his diploma certifying that he had passed secondary school.

Franklin has returned the favor by giving me the gift of a live chicken!


I felt incredibly honored to receive such a well-intentioned and meaningful gift. The chicken now roams around the compound along with Welliminah's other chickens. I imagine that eventually I will be eating it. :)

Thank you, Franklin.

2 comments:

Rebecca Morrison said...

This almost made me cry. Not the killing-the-chicken part.

Unknown said...

That is awesome. Can't wait to hear how things go once you get hungry for chicken...

Post a Comment